The Ergotron Workfit-T Sit-Stand desktop workstation is a table raising platform that allows users to quickly regulate the height of their table or workstation enough so that they can stand while working. This platform’s unique design makes it suitable even in the tightest of spaces as it only uses the area it is placed on and moves only vertically up or down from that position. With dimensions of 36” by 24”, the platform offers enough space for most desktop equipment and accessories, including laptops and computer monitors. Its load-bearing capacity covers most user’s needs at over 35 pounds. Ergotron, the manufacturers of Ergotron Workfit-T are headquartered in the USA in St. Paul, Minnesota and they have sales offices in the Netherlands and Japan. Their trade name is a mash-up between ergonomics and electronics which encapsulates their niche for ergonomic electronics accessories. Their first sit-stand product came out in 1994.
- It doesn’t have preset height slots so it can be set exactly at the perfect height for each user.
- It extends vertically up or down without pushing the user backward.
- Additional accessories are available to enhance user experience.
- It can be used in a corner or right against the wall.
- The product comes pre-assembled and can be used right away.
- The keyboard platform takes up too much space.
- The main platform is cut away to make room for the keyboard platform which reduces its space and will require users to lean forward if they are using a laptop.
- The keyboard position may be too low for users with desktop monitors. The platform cannot conveniently accommodate a keyboard along with a monitor.
Using the Ergotron Workfit T
The Ergotron Workfit T Sit Stand is very simple to use. Out of the box, it only needs a sturdy flat surface to be placed on and can be used immediately. The table riser’s mechanism works like a scissor lift and moves only vertically upwards or downwards, ensuring that it does not take up more space than the base it’s sitting on. The height adjustments are made with very little effort by pulling two levers by the sides to disengage the braking system and then pulling up or pushing downwards. The levers are released to engage the brakes and set the Workfit T Ergotron into position. There are no preset positions so the height can be set exactly as desired. The main platform can support a weight of up to 35 pounds and the keyboard platform can support not more than 5 pounds. All cables should be installed while the platform is at its highest position to ensure that plugged items are not yanked off when the table riser is raised. TheErgotron Workfit table converter can be raised to a maximum of an extra 15 inches beyond its fully collapsed height of 5 inches to make a total of 20 inches above the table surface.
The Ergotron Workfit-T is sturdy even at its highest position and doesn’t buckle under a heavy load or wobble when placed on a flat surface. The steel components have a smooth finish but aren’t frictionless which could have left room for accidental slips of items placed on it. The edges are very safe as they are not sharp and have a curved bezel. The model has been subjected to many rigorous tests to assure users of its safety and sturdiness in operation. A few of these tests are:
Cycle test: ensures the workstation does not fail in its operation after being extended and collapsed a minimum of 10 thousand times at maximum load capacity.
Sharp edge test: ensures there are no sharp edges or points on the workstation.
Rigidity test: makes sure the unit remains stable and does not tilt or tip over at its maximum weight capacity.
Unique Features of the Ergotron Workfit
The Ergotron Workfit T reviews are excellent and this may be because there are some features present in the product that set it apart from other manufacturers. Some of these are:
- Additional accessories that may be purchased and used to make more space on the platform and provide independent screen adjustment, for example.
- The design ensures there is no horizontal extension so the user never has to make adjustments to chairs or tables before using it.
- The 15 inches of vertical height adjustment is one of the highest in the market.
- The product can operate perfectly in tight spaces, in corners or against the wall.
- The unit remains stable even if the whole of its base is not completely resting on a surface. It can operate with surfaces as little as 18 inches deep.
The Ergotron Workfit reviews are generally good and that is because it is a very good product with a lot of improvements over other similar offers on the market. There are a lot of positives about the product with only the keyboard shelf and the decision to make a cut out of the main platform to accommodate it the only shortcomings. It would have been better if the keyboard platform could be pulled out from the table converter’s body and independently adjusted. Although this table converter is expensive, it is still within the range of other similar products and the fact that it ships free to almost all US locations makes it an attractive proposition especially for an item that weighs more than 20 kilograms. Ergotron also has a lot of other accessorial products that can make the use of the Ergotron Workfit even more enjoyable and efficient. The terms of the 30 day trial period are not exactly risk-free as you will have to pay for shipping and handling charges if you choose to return the product, but it is better than a no refunds policy. The lengthy warranty is very good considering the $400 spent on this product. It amounts to less than 25 cents per day to use it and get it replaced or repaired if there is a manufacturing or material failure over the period of 5 years. The Ergotron Workfit T Sit Stand desktop workstation is available for purchase on the company’s website and also through more than a dozen of their reselling partners.