TrueForm Walking Desk is a treadmill that is placed in front of a height adjustable desk while the user is working. This particular treadmill desk does not present any specific features that would set TrueForm Walking Desk aside from the competitors that we have seen, yet this walking desk costs more than the majority of the quality products on the market.
Standing Desk Guides have found that the TrueForm Walking Desk comes with some possible conveniences, including a thread that can be controlled by the user. Furthermore, the custom paint color option with gloss or matte finish that is available during the purchasing process is a unique feature offered by the TrueForm brand, while the thread options that the customer can select from adds another level of convenience.
Initially invented as a running treadmill the manufacturer tries to posses TrueForm as a standing desk treadmill, but such a decision seems controversial.
Pros And Cons Of TrueForm Walking Desk
- The TrueForm Walking Desk can accommodate the movement of the user. This may help to prevent possible falls when it comes to going to fast, but it should be noted at the same time that the thread may not stop as fast as the user might need it to during movement.
- The customer can choose from a number of different thread options to customize the walking desk toward their personal preferences.
- In addition to the standard paint color option that the treadmill comes with, the user can select from a range of different custom colors to match the design and color scheme of the TrueForm Walking Desk to that of their office or the specific environment where the treadmill will be used.
- This walking desk is probably one of the most expensive options that are currently available on the market. The company has overpriced the product significantly, and it does not offer any particular features that make this product worth the $5,695 price tag.
- When customizing the product with a custom color option, as well as a thread option that is different from the standard option, the price of the product can easily reach beyond $6000. This further adds to the expenses.
- This is not considered the ideal product for those people who are looking to walk at the desk, as the speed settings and the overall design rather match this to a treadmill one would expect to find in a gym. Furthermore, the product does not come pre-included with the adjustable height desk that is required to complete the package.
TrueForm Walking Desk Review
TrueForm Walking Desk is a treadmill that was designed to form part of an active office layout to promote activity during work hours. While the product is promoted as a complete walking desk, it should be noted at this point that the manufacturer does not seem to provide the customer with the entire setup needed to quickly implement this walking desk into their office and start using it immediately.
TrueForm Walking Desk only comes with the 57″ x 36″ treadmill base, along with a frame that includes a couple of convenient handlebars. The user would have to fit the treadmill to the room where a standing desk is located. The company recommends that the TrueForm Walking Desk is used with an adjustable height desk, as this would allow the user to find that perfect height that they are comfortable with while they are standing, walking, or running on the treadmill.
Treadmill Design And Functionality
This walking desk primarily consists of a treadmill, which was designed to be durable and provide the user with excellent performance in terms of keeping active. This is a non-motorized treadmill – this is certainly something that the customer will need to take into account. The walking desk was designed so that the user is in complete control of their actions – this holds both positive and negative factors.
First off, with the user in control, some people may find it inconvenient to start the movement of the thread. The thread may also start to move too fast, which can make the user’s life complicated if they are trying to work at the same time.
TrueForm Walking Desk Customization Options
There are some customizations that the customer can choose from when they are interested in buying the TrueForm Walking Desk. First, the customer can select between different threads. The standard black thread comes pre-installed in the treadmill. The customer can upgrade it to a red running track or a green field turf – these will add $500 to the customer’s order price.
The standard paint color of the TrueForm Walking Desk is black. Customers who would like to customize the color can opt for custom paint. The customer will need to access the appropriate charts from the manufacturer and then provide the custom paint color code if they wish to have their treadmill delivered in their preferred color.
The manufacturer also promises an easy assembling process. The user just needs to set up handrails and display, and walking desk will be ready to use.
TrueForm Walking Desk includes both a warranty and a guarantee. This is a particular factor that is definitely a convenience when the price of the product is taken into consideration. Unfortunately, not every customer will be happy with the terms of these protections provided with the purchase of this desk.
During the first month following the purchase of the TrueForm Walking Desk, the customer is eligible for the 30-day refund policy provided by the company. Certain terms should be noticed – the customer will need to provide proof of the purchase should they require a return. TrueForm Walking Desk does not seem like the refund policy to protect customers who are simply unhappy with the product. The customer will be required to provide a valid reason why they wish to return the TrueForm Walking Desk.
Furthermore, a limited warranty is provided on various parts of the product. There is a lifetime warranty period on the frame, 10-years warranty on the belt, 5-year warranty period on the threads, and a 2-year warranty on the LED display. TrueForm Walking Desk also comes with a one-year warranty for labor.
The Bottom Line
For those people who have about $6,000 in spare money floating around their bank account and would not mind buying a treadmill for their office, TrueForm Walking Desk may be a product to be considered in this regard. For everyone else, however, this particular product will most likely not be a good investment on their side. High price is not the only point to hesitate about. Any kind of standing desk or a tabletop is provided so there might be a problem to convert this walking desk into the convenient workstation.
The product does have a bunch of customizations the customer can choose from, but this simply further adds to the already expensive price tag attached to the treadmill.